I’m currently working on version 1.6 of Cakifo and I’d like your input on what should be in that version.
So if you’re using Cakifo this is your opportunity to decide how to make it even more awesome! If you have a few minutes, please answer the survey below:
WordPress 3.4 introducted the Theme Customizer feature which allows site admins to tweak a theme’s settings and live preview those changes in real time.
In this post, I’ll give you a custom control class makes it possible to add a multiple select list to your theme customizer settings.
How to add the settings is not the focus of this post so you should check out posts like “How to leverage the Theme Customizer in your own themes” instead for great explaining on how to use the feature.
By default WordPress have controls for stuff like text fields, check boxes, color wheels, select lists, and image handling. But there’s no way to use a
select list with the ‘multiple’ attribute unless you extend the
My free WordPress theme Cakifo was updated to version 1.5 last week. The biggest change in 1.5 is the design improvements – some of them are the wider layout, new heading font and new button styles. The theme has also been updated to use Hybrid Core version 1.5.
A week ago I released version 1.4 of my free WordPress theme Cakifo. The biggest news for 1.4 is that Cakifo is available in the official WordPress Themes Directory!
If you already use Cakifo, you should have an update notification in your dashboard. If you don’t use Cakifo, you can install it by searching for ‘Cakifo’ in
Appearance > Install Themes
Go to "http://wordpress.org/extend/themes/cakifo"
Today is Jayj.dk’s 4th birthday. I’m celebrating that with the release of version 2.1 of my free HTML5 and CSS3 theme, now called “Jayj HTML5 theme“.
New features in version 2.1
- Huge design updates – The content background is now white by default instead of semi-transparent
- Uses the CSS preprocessor LESS
- Switched to a Twitter Bootstrap-like responsive grid-system (see about for demo)
- Much better responsive design
- Uses the fonts Open Sans and Merriweather, both loaded from Google Fonts
- Contact form script have been improved
- Modernizr 2.6.1
- The theme supports Google Prettify but it is not included in the download
My commercial WordPress theme from 2009, Abandu, just got updated to version 2.0. The theme has been completely rewritten from scratch and is much better than before.
The design has been improved, the markup is now HTML5, it’s responsive and it now supports the new hot WordPress 3.4 features such as the Theme Customizer. It also supports the improved custom header and background features.
My free WordPress theme Cakifo has finally been updated to version 1.3.
Changes and new in version 1.3
- Hybrid Core 1.3
- 3.4-ready: The theme supports the new 3.4 features, including flexible header sizes (used for the logo)
- Improved design
- Much more contrast (especially the topbar and navigation!)
- The reset CSS have been replaced by Normalize.css
- Improved slider design
- New image styles
- And a lot more improvements